August Gardening Tips
August is here already where has the time gone this year?
Here are some top tips from our Landscapers to keep your Garden in shape this summer..
- Continue dead-heading throughout your garden to pro long flowering
- Lavender needs light pruning to stop it going leggy
- Lupins and Delphiniums should be cut back
- Give borders a boost with some general fertiliser
- Feed your roses with some rose food
- Pests like lily beetle and aphids need to be removed by hand using a weak mix of washing up liquid and water in a spray bottle
- Feed tomatoes so they can carry on producing fruit
- Cut back hardy herbaceous geraniums to encourage late summer/early autumn flowering
- Greenhouses can get very hot this time of year and may need shading material or shading paint to lower the temperature inside
- Keep bird baths topped up
Enjoy your Garden!