Skillnet located In 4 Woodshots Meadow are currently recruiting for the following position:
Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship - Programme Manager
Salary: Up to £50k pa + Car + Substantial bonus and benefits*
The DAF Trucks Apprenticeship Programme is the largest in the sector. It is a multi-award winning programme having recently won the School Leaver awards for 2019, the Princess Royal Training Awards in 2017 and the National Apprenticeship Service top 100 employers award for 4 years running.
Skillnet has managed the programme on behalf of DAF and the dealer network since 2007 and are looking to employ a professional manager to ensure the programme continues to deliver a first class training experience to the Apprentices we work with and the Dealers that employ them.
The DAF Programme Manager is responsible for all aspects of the programme including managing the recruitment process for new Apprentices, ensuring quality of the college delivery and monitoring on-the job training they receive. The Programme Manager will represent the programme at external events and exhibitions. Responsible for ensuring feedback is collected from all stake-holders and used to drive continuous improvement throughout the programme. The introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy and the transfer to new Standards create real opportunities to extend the depth and breadth of the Apprenticeship offering. We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to maximise these opportunities for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Key contact with the manufacturer Apprentice team.
• Selling the services available in this programme to customers at all levels.
• Ensuring all departments in Skillnet deliver the highest quality across all aspects of the programme. • Managing the recruitment, retention and achievement of learners to agreed targets.
• Managing delivery of the contract and developing the customer relationship.
• Managing the provision of management information relevant to the programme.
• Representing the programme as the leading programme in the sector and seeking out ways to constantly add value.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• A Graduate Level education (Preferred).
• High levels of management and leadership.
• A keen interest and focus on the development of apprentices to help them fulfil their potential.
• The ability to develop a full understanding of the customers’ views and needs.
• Experience of producing clear and accurate data within given deadlines.
• A clear quality focus.
• A well-developed communication style appropriate to all levels and using a variety of media.
• The ability to work on their own or with a highly motivated, results driven collegiate team.
• Knowledge and experience of Apprenticeships, including understanding of both framework and standard requirements and best practice methodologies.
Whilst an automotive sector background or significant experience of work based learning would be useful, more important is the ability to understand the customer network’s needs and the ability to lead a team to successfully deliver them.
To apply please send a CV, together with current salary details to HR@skillnet.org.uk. If you would like to discuss this position in more detail please contact Lee Acton, Chief Executive on 01923 630800 or email him at Leeacton@skillnet.org.uk
*Skillnet has recently launched a new benefits package, the new package includes incremental annual leave entitlement of up to 10 weeks per annum, long weekends, Charity day off, anniversary bonuses and membership of a perks reward and recognition scheme*