September Gardening Tips
Here are some top tips from our Landscapers this September..
- Start the autumn clean-up. Remove any old unwanted crops that have finished and clear away weeds to leave your plot clean and tidy for the winter
- Divide your herbaceous perennials- This will keep your plants healthy & vigorous year after year
- Net ponds now before autumn leaf fall gets underway to reduce the amount of debris entering the pond and the filter system
- Plant spring flowering bulbs such as daffs, crocus, snowdrops and hyacinths for glorious colour next spring
- Plant out any biennial plants sown earlier in the year. This includes foxcloves, wallflowers and violas.
- Plant new perennials, trees and shrubs. Now is a good time of year to plant as the soil is still warm and increasing rain fall over the next few weeks will settle them into their new home nicely
- Carry on dead heading to encourage flower growth
Happy Gardening! :)